Having developer options is all well and good – but what’s the point? This area of your smartphone is not intended for private users. Much more, it should help developers, for example, manufacturers of apps.
Some things can be changed in the mobile phone via the developer options. For example, you can get an error report or set your display never to sleep while it is charging. So-called debugging can also be carried out. You can edit the operating system independently using external sources, for example, to correct errors and in Tutorial to reset a LG Stylo 4 Plus LM-Q710WA
The developer options offer even more features. But these are mainly useful for developers – hence the name.
- Activate developer options on Android
- Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Over the phone
- Call up the settings of your smartphone. Then tap on the item ” Phone info. “
- Software information
- Then go to ” Software information. “
- Build number
- Now tap the ” Build number ” button several times.
- You are a developer now
- The message ” Developer mode has been activated ” now appears. This is how you know that the developer options have been activated successfully.
- developer options
- The ” Developer options” button now appears in the settings.
Deactivate Developer Options On Android
Note: With some smartphones, e.g., from LG or Samsung, it is impossible to hide the developer mode again.
In the ” Developer options ” area in your smartphone settings, there is a button for switching off developer mode. Tap on the switch at the top. This automatically switches to ” Off. “
The option does not disappear from the settings menu on some devices, but the developer mode is deactivated. To completely hide the developer options, a little more effort has to be made. Follow step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Apps settings
- Open the settings of your smartphone. Tap in the ” device ” to ” Apps. “
- Select settings
- In the apps menu, you now have to select the ” Settings ” app.
- Here tap on ” Storage. “
- delete data
- Now you have to select “Clear data. “
- Click on & quot; OK & quot; tap to confirm
- Tap ” OK ” to confirm the action again. Don’t worry: even if it seems different, all of your smartphone settings will be retained
- Developer options hidden
- Then the developer options are no longer displayed in the settings.
- Quick guide: Activate developer options on Android
- Open the settings of your smartphone and then go to “Phone info.”
- Then select the ” Software Information” option.
- Now you have to tap the ” Build Number ” button several times to activate the developer mode.
- Then a new sub-item called ” Developer Options” appears in the settings.
- Quick guide: Deactivating developer options on Android
- Open the Settings menu on your smartphone.
- Tap in the ” device ” to ” Apps. “
- Then select the Settings app.
- Now you have to tap on ” Storage. “
- Select ” Delete data ” here.
- Confirm your selection by tapping ” OK ” again. This hides the developer options. Don’t let the name of the button confuse you: your current smartphone settings will still be retained.