Company ISO existed in Italy from 1953 to 1974 and was notable for two main areas of car segments one was the ultra-compact minicar and second is incredibly beautiful supercars.
Immediately after the war – in 1948 – the Italian engineer Renzo Rivolta began producing motorcycles. And yet five years later he founded and presented microcar Iso Isetta. Iso Isetta was a revolution in the field of urban transport and in general among minicars. Licenses of microcar was immediately acquired by BMW, which began to produce it as a BMW Isetta.
Moreover, Rivolta has sold the license of his cars to number of companies – the French VELAM, Brazilian Romi. The success of the microcar allowed Rivolta to start a full-scale car production – and move on to some ‘serious’ cars.
[ Great : Jaguar cars future can monitor brainwaves driver ]
1. 1953, Iso Isetta – the very first model of the company became so successful that it acquired a license of a few companies, including BMW.
2. 1962, Iso Rivolta IR 300. The first Iso Luxury car. Designed by the studio Bertone.
3. 1964Iso Grifo – coupe class GT. Automobile Created by the famous designer Giorgetto Giugiaro, at That time he worked at Bertone.
4. 1971, Iso Grifo Series II (IR8), version with closed headlamps.
5. 1967, Iso Fidia, Iso Rivolta S4. Moschny’s four-door sedan a rare car only 192 Cars were produced in seven years.
6. 1969, Iso Lele – coupe, designed by designer Marcello Gandini of Bertone.
7. 1972, Iso Varedo, prototype sports car, Developed by Zagato. The only car manufacturer has preserved and exhibited in Sarasota (FL)
8. 1991, Iso Grifo 90 – attempt to revive the company after 17 cessation. Prototype remained in one piece.