How to Completely Erase Voice Memos on Mac, Beyond the Scope of Recovery?
Summary: In this post, we have mentioned different methods to permanently remove voice memos from your Mac system. We’ve also introduced you with a file eraser software that will erase any data on an infected machine beyond the scope of recovery.
Voice Memos is a great way to record voice notes on your Mac, whether you’re using it at work or just want something extra for yourself. The app has been available since the release of macOS 10.14 Mojave and can now be accessed across all devices via iCloud sync so that there’s no need take up space with old recordings from before this latest update.
Voice Memos are great for capturing quick thoughts and ideas, but sometimes they end up on your Mac where you don’t want them. Here’s how to delete Voice Notes off of your computer.
How to Completely Erase Voice Memos on Mac?
Don’t worry, erasing a voice memo is as easy for you to do. Follow these steps below:
A. Permanently Remove Voice Memos from Mac
To permanently erase a voice memo created on Mac, follow the steps below:
- Open Voice Memos.
- Click the Sidebar.
- Select the Recently Deleted option.
- Select the desired memo from the list and click on Delete.
If you wish to delete all the recently deleted voice memos, click on delete all.
B. Erase Voice Memos using File Eraser Tool
When you empty the Trash on your computer, any deleted voice memos remain there even if they are marked as available space for overwriting. Until this area of memory is filled with new data again (which might take some time), it’s possible to recover these erased files by using specialized data recovery software. In this situation you can use BitRaser File Eraser Software for deleting voice memo permanently from your Mac system.
Note: BitRaser File Eraser supports 17 global data erasure standards, schedule erasure task, erase internet search history from all major search engines, erase unused space or deleted data and erase software application traces.
Follow below steps to delete voice memos from your Mac by using BitRaser File Eraser software.
- Download and install the BitRaser File Eraser software on your Mac.
- Select the Files & Folders from the main screen and click Next.
Note: You can also select Search & Erase option if you know the path of the Voice Memo.
- Select the Macintosh HD volume and follow the path User > Admin > Library > Application Support > com.apple.voicememos.
Note: If you do not see any of the folders in above path press Command + Shift + . Keys.
- If you chose the Search & Erase option, enter *.* in the File Name tab and type /User/Admin/Library/Application Support/com.apple.voicememos in the Find in tab.
- Click the Find tab and the Find Results will appear.
- Select the voice memos you want to delete and click Erase.
- You will be asked to activate BitRaser File Eraser. Enter the Activation Key you received via mail and click Activate.
- BitRaser File Eraser Activated Successfully message appears. Click OK.
- Your selected files will be displayed in Confirm Erasure box. Click Confirm Erase.
- Erasure Completed! message will be shown and you will be asked to restart your system to allow the changes to take effect.
- Restart your Mac system and your voice memos will be deleted permanently without any scope of recovery.
From the above information it is clear that deleting any data be it voice memos or other files from Mac, by using delete command or dragging item in bin doesn’t actually remove it. All deleted memo or files will remains on the hard drive until overwritten. You can follow the above mentioned methods for permanently deleting all the files and voice memos.
One of the best and secure method for wiping voice memo from your mac is by using a file eraser software such as BitRaser File Eraser. This certified software will erase all traces and wipe deleted items beyond scope of recovery.
Tips: To maintain data privacy avoid manual deletion method and use certified data eraser software for deleting any files permanently in your Mac.